Yoga improves a child's focusing ability as well as increases interpersonal interactions and social development.
Yoga has been known to help children:
- Release pressure, stabilize and relax their emotions, promote happiness
- Improve focus and concentration
- Increase flexibility in joints and improves coordination
- Decrease stubbornness
- Increase interpersonal interactions and social development
- Prevent colds, reduce asthma, increase overall immunity, improve digestion, and strengthen their body
German dissertations discovered improvement in twenty children with ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) after those children had done yoga. Many other researchers have proved its positive effects and many teachers have also found that elementary students who faithfully practice yoga are seeing dramatic improvements in their attention, activity and social behaviors.
Yoga for the Special Child®
Wu Tuan-wen went to New York and was certified in “Yoga for the Special Child®", which is a well-rounded yoga lesson specially designed for babies with special needs. It’s designed for children with development difficulties, down syndrome, autism, delayed development, spinocerebellar atrophy, etc. It also helps children with poor attention, ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder), and learning difficulties.
Yoga lessons are suitable for children with：Developmental Disorders, Down’s Syndrome, Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Microcephaly, and more. It's also helpful for kids with ADHD and LD.
These yoga lessons are designed to:
- Integrate a series of yoga positions to improve body sensory, muscle strength and flexibility.
- Practice special breathing and relaxing skills to improve attention and decrease hyperactivity.
- Be done during early stages of development to help children as their bodies grow.